Low carb Zucchini Fritters
Servings: 14 Fritters
- Air fryer or cast iron pan
- Food processor with shredding attachment
- Cheese cloth or paper towels
- 7 cups fresh shredded zucchini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS tapioca flour
- 1 TBS arrow root powder or flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- * optional more salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chosen Foods Avocado oil spray for cooking
- * olive oil (if using cast iron skillet)
- Shred fresh zucchini, I use my Cusinart Food Processor with the shredding attachment.
- Place shredded zucchini in a strainer in the sink, salt with the 2 tsp of salt and mix. Let stand for 30 min to strain all the juices of the zucchini.
- Squeeze any excess juices out with cheese cloth or paper towels
- While zucchini rests in strainer, mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees or cast iron skillet medium heat (be sure to add olive oil if using skillet).
- After squeezing zucchini with cheese cloth or paper towel add to dry mix.
- Add egg and mix well.
- With a 1/4 measuring cup scoop up fritter batter, place batter on sprayed air fryer or cast iron skillet. I use an air fryer and I can cook 4 fritters at a time.
- In air fryer cook at 360 degrees for 12-14 min (you do not need to flip the fritter). If using cast iron skillet fry on each side at medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Remove from air fryer or skillet and let rest on a warm hold in the oven while cooking the rest of the fritters.
- Serve with the Tzatziki sauce or garlic aioli. You can serve these with so many different sauces to give them a different flavor flare.
This recipe makes about 14 fritters. Calories per fritter: 63; Fat per fritter: 4g; Carbs per fritter: 3g; Protein per fritter: 4g.