Low-carb Zucchini Fritters
This recipe makes about 14 fritters. Macro's will vary based on how big you make the fritter. These cook up best in an air fryer. For best results be sure to squeeze out as much excess fluid when prepping the shredded zucchini.
Air fryer or cast iron pan
Food processor with shredding attachment
Cheese cloth or paper towels
- 7 cups fresh shredded zucchini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS tapioca flour
- 1 TBS arrow root powder or flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- * optional more salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chosen Foods Avocado oil spray for cooking
- * olive oil (if using cast iron skillet)
- Shred fresh zucchini, I use my Cusinart Food Processor with the shredding attachment.
- Place shredded zucchini in a strainer in the sink, salt with the 2 tsp of salt and mix. Let stand for 30 min to strain all the juices of the zucchini.
- Squeeze any excess juices out with cheese cloth or paper towels
- While zucchini rests in strainer, mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees or cast iron skillet medium heat (be sure to add olive oil if using skillet).
- After squeezing zucchini with cheese cloth or paper towel add to dry mix.
- Add egg and mix well.
- With a 1/4 measuring cup scoop up fritter batter, place batter on sprayed air fryer or cast iron skillet. I use an air fryer and I can cook 4 fritters at a time.
- In air fryer cook at 360 degrees for 12-14 min (you do not need to flip the fritter). If using cast iron skillet fry on each side at medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Remove from air fryer or skillet and let rest on a warm hold in the oven while cooking the rest of the fritters.
- Serve with the Tzatziki sauce or garlic aioli. You can serve these with so many different sauces to give them a different flavor flare.
Serving: 1fritterSodium: 63.1mgSugar: 1.4gFiber: 1gPotassium: 161.2mgCholesterol: 28.6mgCalories: 63kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 0.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.8gFat: 3.8gProtein: 3.5gCarbohydrates: 4.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!