Low-carb Tortilla Shells
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour finely ground
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the olive oil, water, eggs, and egg whites in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl whisk the almond flour, arrowroot powder, tapioca starch, and coconut flour. Be sure to whisk out any lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Using the metal ladle, scoop the batter about 1/2-3/4 full, pour on the griddle, and swirl the batter in a circular motion with the back of the ladle. Be sure to do this gently and slowly to thin the batter into the shape of your shell. Let the shell cook until the edges are lifting off the griddle, then flip cooking the other side for about 2 minutes.
*To make these into crepes
- Add 1-2 tsp of Stevia to the batter before cooking.
- Serve with whipped cream made with stevia and berries.
Makes about 14 shells. One serving is 1 shell. Calories per serving: 86; Fat per serving: 6g; Carbs per serving: 5g; Protein per serving: 4g.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!