“Fall” Garden Fresh Salad
- 2 cups of green leaf lettuce chopped
- 2 cups of red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup of arugula chopped
- 2 green onion stalks or 1/8 of a sweet onion diced
- 1/4 of Honey crisp apple diced
- 1 1/2 oz of shredded sharp white cheddar I use Tillamook vintage reserve
- 1 TBS of olive oil (Kirkland extra virgin
- 1-2 TBS of Traditional aged balsamic vinegar from the specialty vinegar store (I use a garlic cilantro flavored)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place lettuce, arugula, onion, cheese, and honey crisp apple in an over sized bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Salt and pepper. Then toss with salad tongs.
- If you do not have access to an Oil and Vinegar store to purchase a nice vinegar, just dress the salad with my balsamic dressing recipe.
Makes 5 servings. One serving is about 1 cup. Calories per serving: 74; Fat per serving: 6g; Carbs per serving: 3g; Protein per serving: 3g.