Shredded Chicken, Broccoli, Cheddar Soup
Instant Pot or pressure cooker
Shredded Chicken Ingredients
- 3 lbs Chicken breast each breast cut in 4 pieces
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar I used white sharp aged cheddar
- 3 small to medium broccoli crowns cut into small pieces or 2 large broccoli crowns
- Place the chicken breasts cut into 4 pieces, diced onion, water, and salt and pepper into pressure cooker. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes on the poultry button.
- Let rest with the lid still sealed in the pressure cooker for 10 minutes
- Unseal the pressure safely, remove chicken leaving the broth and onions in the pot. Shred the chicken and place it back into the pressure cooker pot.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, broccoli pieces, and shredded cheddar. Stir until well distributed.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes on the soup button.
- Let rest with lid still sealed in the pressure cooker for 5-10 minutes.
- Unseal the pressure cooker safely and serve.
Serving: 1cupSodium: 625.3mgSugar: 2.8gFiber: 1gPotassium: 569.7mgCholesterol: 148.3mgCalories: 368kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 2.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gSaturated Fat: 15.5gFat: 24.3gProtein: 31.2gCarbohydrates: 7.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!