- 3 lbs. Lean ground beef
- 1 lbs. Ground sausage I use spicy Italian
- ½ onion diced I use a sweet onion
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- ½ jalapeno diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1- 7 oz canned diced green chiles drained
- 1- 14.5 oz Hunt’s canned petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 22 oz Hunt’s canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 15 oz water
- 1 TBS chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash of all spice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place ground beef and ground sausage in a heavy-duty large stock pot, salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low to medium heat. When all the way cooked through, drain the fat. Add diced onion, bell pepper, garlic cloves, jalapeno, and celery to the meat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on low to medium heat. Add canned green chiles (don’t forget to drain). Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, pumpkin puree, and water. Stir in chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, ground cloves, all spice, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook stirring occasionally for about an hour. This allows all the flavors to cook together. Prep all your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 13- 1 cup servings. Calories per serving: 408; Fat per serving: 24g; Carbs per serving: 9g; Protein per serving: 34g.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!