- 2.5 lbs thinly sliced tenderized chicken breast or 40 oz of thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- Saved chicken drippings
- 1/4 Large onion chopped
- 8 oz Package of sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes diced, or 1-15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmasen
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- *4 cups cooked cauliflower rice *optional
- Thinly slice and tenderize chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil, butter, and garlic in a large stainless skillet
- Add chicken to heated skillet, browning on each side until juices run dry.
- Place cooked chicken on a baking sheet and let rest in a warm oven. Keep drippings in the skillet.
- In the same skillet with the chicken drippings, saute the onions and mushrooms until tender. If dry add 1 more TBS of olive oil
- Add tomatoes, cooking until tender.
- Add in spinach, cooking slightly.
- Pour in whipping cream, bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in fresh basil and grated parmesan.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from oven. Serve sauce over the chicken on 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice. I buy Birds Eye Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Rice found in the frozen section to go with this dish.