Garlic Glazed Chicken Thighs
Cast iron skillet
- 3 lbs. Skinless Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 6 garlic cloves diced or minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 3 TBS Swerve brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 green onions diced
- Trim chicken thighs of any extra fat. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, coconut aminos, swerve brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a large glass bowl.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat large cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat with 2 TBS of olive oil.
- When skillet is hot add marinated chicken thighs. Do not toss marinade, save for making the sauce.
- Cook chicken on each side for about 9-10 min, a total of 18-20 min. Or until chicken is cooked all the way through, internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking place extra marinade in a small saucepan bringing to a simmer, turn down to low, or set aside.
- When chicken is cooked all the way through remove from the skillet, set aside.
- Add sauce to the hot skillet stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the chicken thighs back to the skillet with the sauce.
- Top with diced green onions.
- Serve with your favorite low-carb sides, like my Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice.
Serving: 6ozSodium: 510.6mgCalcium: 25mgSugar: 3gFiber: 0.1gPotassium: 48.1mgCholesterol: 135mgCalories: 273kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 9.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 3.9gFat: 17.3gProtein: 27.1gCarbohydrates: 8.3gIron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!