- 3 lbs pot roast/chuck roast
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 4 carrots peeled and cut in 2-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cups of beef bone broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- *optional baby gold potatoes
- *optional sweet potatoes cut in 2-inch squares
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet, or roasting pan that can be used on the stove top, on medium-high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper to taste on all sides. Sear meat 5-7 minutes each side in the heated olive oil. Remove meat, place vegetables in the pan and sautee about 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Place meat in roasting pan, add bone broth and cover with aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven around 3 ½ hours. When roast has 1 hour to cook add the optional potatoes and vegetables that were set aside.
This recipe makes 8-6 oz servings. The calories and grams are all an estimation as it is hard to measure it out exactly, DOES NOT include potatoes. Calories per serving: 437; Fat per serving: 30g; Carbs per serving: 6g; Protein per serving: 34g.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!