Grilled Cilantro Shrimp
- Food Chopper
- Metal Skewers
- 1 cup bunch of cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 TBS of fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS olive oil I use Kirkland Italian Extra Virgin
- 3 lbs of large peeled and deveined shrimp
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I add about a teaspoon of sea salt and a dash of pepper
- *optional Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cut off the leaves of the cilantro, place in the food chopper. Add garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pulse chopper several times until all large chunks are chopped up. Be sure to taste the marinade to make sure more salt is not needed. Once the shrimp is marinating you can no longer taste test! Rinse and drain the shrimp, place in a glass bowl, pour marinade over shrimp. Stir, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. While grill is heating, place shrimp on skewers. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until outside of shrimp is pink.
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 5 slices of lean high quality bacon diced Hempler’s
- 1/4 of a sweet onion diced if they are available go for the Walla Walla Sweets!
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pkg of cauliflower pearls/rice about 4-5 cups
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I use about 1-2 tsp of sea salt
- Fry up the diced bacon in large non-stick skillet. Once all the way cooked (I prefer nice and crispy), add onion and bell pepper, saute with bacon and bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat. Add the riced cauliflower. Salt and pepper, be sure to taste, cauliflower usually needs a bit more salt! Saute stirring occasional for about 7 minutes. DO NOT over cook, the cauliflower will get mushy.