Gluten Free Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry
Servings: 10 1 cup
- Large Skillet
- 3 lbs chicken breast sliced in strips
- 1 ½ bell peppers, any color sliced in strips
- 8 asparagus spears cut in 1 inch chunks
- ½ sweet onion sliced in strips
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 TBS olive oil extra virgin
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 TBS Coconut Secrets – coconut aminos teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp Coconut Secrets coconut aminos
- Red pepper flakes to taste *optional
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, 2 cloves of the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until chicken is cooked through. Drain juices and set chicken aside in separate bowl.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 TBS of olive oil. Add bell peppers, sweet onion, and asparagus. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Add in the rest of garlic (2 cloves) and ginger. Sauté until veggies are cooked to desired tenderness. Once veggies are cooked to your preference, add chicken back in. Mix in teriyaki sauce, coconut aminos, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute 1-2 more minutes. Serve hot.
This makes about 10 – 1 cup servings. Calories per serving: 177; Carbs per serving: 5g; Fat per serving: 7g; Protein per serving: 24g
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 5 slices of lean high quality bacon diced Hempler’s
- 1/4 of a sweet onion diced if they are available go for the Walla Walla Sweets!
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pkg of cauliflower pearls/rice about 4-5 cups
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I use about 1-2 tsp of sea salt
- Fry up the diced bacon in large non-stick skillet. Once all the way cooked (I prefer nice and crispy), add onion and bell pepper, saute with bacon and bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat. Add the riced cauliflower. Salt and pepper, be sure to taste, cauliflower usually needs a bit more salt! Saute stirring occasional for about 7 minutes. DO NOT over cook, the cauliflower will get mushy.
Macronutrients for just 1 cup of the pork fried cauliflower rice. Calories per serving: 64; Fat per serving: 3g; Carbs per serving: 5g; Protein per serving: 6g