Egg Roll Bowls
Egg roll bowls fulfill all cravings you may have of eating Asian food that is bad for you. I make these as on easy week night dinner on our busy sports nights. It is easy to reheat as everyone has dinner at different times.
Large deep skillet
- 1.5 lbs. 85% lean ground pork I buy Smithfield
- 1.5 lbs. small raw shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 3 TBS toasted sesame oil
- 30 oz. shredded cabbage I buy the Marketside angle hair coleslaw (green cabbage)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs scrammbled
- 3 green onion stalks diced
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- * optional red pepper flakes
- Cook ground pork in large deep skillet.
- When all the way browned, add 1/4 diced onion, 2 diced garlic cloves, and raw shrimp.
- Cook shrimp until pink. Drain meat in colander and set aside.
- In the same large deep skillet saute the remaining 1/4 diced onion and 2 diced garlic cloves in the sesame oil for about 1-2 min.
- Add shredded cabbage, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined, cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cabbage is cooking, scramble 3 eggs and set aside.
Egg Roll Bowl
- When cabbage is done cooking stir in meat, scrambled egg, green onion, and 2 TBS coconut aminos.
- Serve in bowls.
Serving: 1.5cupsSodium: 626.5mgSugar: 5.1gFiber: 2.6gPotassium: 238.2mgCholesterol: 309.8mgCalories: 360kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 2.9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.6gSaturated Fat: 7gFat: 23.5gProtein: 37.5gCarbohydrates: 9.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!