The marinade for these Carne Asada's adds so much flavor. It is simple to make and can be marinated for many hours. I serve with my Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, and Mango Salsa.
- 3 lbs Flank or Skirt Steak I use 2 flank steaks
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 large oranges
- 2 limes
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
- 2 TBS coconut aminos I use Coconut Secrets
- 4 garlic cloves minced or chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno diced more or less if desired
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Squeeze juice from orange and lime into a large glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil, vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add meat, turn until well combined and all the meat is covered.
- Marinate covered in the fridge all day. At least 4+ hours.
- Remove meat from the fridge about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- When grill is heated, place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side about 5 minutes. Times may vary due to thickness of meat and the grill.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly.
- Serve on my homemade tortilla shells or a bed of lettuce with your favorite topping.
Serving: 6ozSodium: 159.4mgCalcium: 82.5mgVitamin C: 261mgVitamin A: 64.8IUSugar: 4.2gFiber: 0.7gPotassium: 87mgCholesterol: 112.5mgCalories: 329kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 2.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gSaturated Fat: 6.5gFat: 17.1gProtein: 36.5gCarbohydrates: 7.5gIron: 3.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!