BBQ Greek Meatballs
Servings: 10 servings
- Food Processor
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork or lamb
- 1/2 onion processed in the food processor
- 4 garlic cloves processed in the food processor
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour in place of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 TBS dried parsley mortared
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano mortared
- 2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat at 400 degrees.
- Place raw ground beef and ground pork or lamb in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend onion and garlic in a food processor, add to the meat mixture.
- Add all other ingredients to the meat mixture. And mix well by hand.
- After ingredients are all mixed well start shaping medium sized meatballs (around 2-3 inches, should make about 30 meatballs). Place on baking sheet.
- Place preheated grill, allowing to grill each side for 5-7 minutes. These can also be baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 2-4 minutes. Serve with Tzatkiki sauce or Greek inspired garlic aioli recipe.
This recipe makes about 30 meatballs. 1 serving is 3 meatballs. Calories per serving: 323; Fat per serving: 20g; Carbs per serving: 1g; Protein per serving: 33g.