Gluten Free Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Kitchen Aid mixer
Silicon baking sheets
- ½ cup softened salted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ¾ cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups of Namaste perfect flour blend + ¾ cup for rolling out cookies
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 3 TBS softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 TBS Heavy cream
- 3 TBS + 1 tsp half and half
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer, like a kitchen aid, stir in egg. Whisk together 2 ¼ cup of flour, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum in a medium sized bowl. Combine sour cream and vanilla in a separate bowl. Alternate adding flour and sour cream mix to butter mix, starting and ending with flour (see video below). DO NOT MIX HARD! Spread ½ cup of flour directly on counter or wood cutting board. Place ½ the cookie dough on flour and work some of the flour into the dough to avoid sticking to counter. DO NOT over mix, dough/cookies will become to stiff if over worked. Roll out dough on the floured counter/board (see video below). Cut favorite shapes out. Place on a parchment/silicone lined baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-11 minutes, 10 min for smaller shapes and 11 or more for larger shapes. Bottom of the cookies should barely be brown. Let cool and frost.
- In stand mixer like a kitchen aid mix butter, sugar, cream, and vanilla with the paddle attachment. Whip on medium speed until light and fluffy. Frost with white frosting or divide between bowl and add food coloring. If frosting is runny add more powdered sugar 2 TBS at a time. If too dry add 1 tsp of half and half at a time.
This recipe makes 30-40 frosted cookies depending on size of cut shapes. Macronutrients are an estimation, I divided it into 30 cookie serving sizes. Calories per serving: 184; Fat per serving: 7g; Carbs per serving: 31g; Protein per serving: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!