Gluten Free Rhubarb Crunch
- 2 cups Namaste gluten free perfect flour blend
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 cups fresh diced rhubarb
- 2 cups granulated (white) sugar
- 4 TBS cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter
- Mix all crumb topping ingredients in a medium sized bowl; Namaste flour, gluten free oats, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Press 1/2 of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Save the other 1/2 for topping.
- Cover bottom layer of crumb mixture with fresh diced rhubarb
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla.
- Place on medium heat, cooking and stirring until thick and clear.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- Put remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- May need to place baking sheet under to avoid hard to clean spills in the oven.
Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This recipe makes about 16 servings. Macronutrients are an estimation based off of serving size. And like I said in the post…there is nothing healthy about this! Just a treat on occasion. Calories per serving: 420; Carbs per serving: 74g; Fat per serving: 12g; Protein per serving: 3g.