Gluten Free Rhubarb Crunch
There is nothing healthy about this recipe. It is a treat to have on occasion. This recipe makes about 16 servings. Macro's may vary depending on how large or small you make the servings. Each serving is about 1 cup.
- 2 cups Namaste gluten free perfect flour blend
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 cups fresh diced rhubarb
- 2 cups granulated (white) sugar
- 4 TBS cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter
- Mix all crumb topping ingredients in a medium sized bowl; Namaste flour, gluten free oats, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Press 1/2 of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Save the other 1/2 for topping.
- Cover bottom layer of crumb mixture with fresh diced rhubarb
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla.
- Place on medium heat, cooking and stirring until thick and clear.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- Put remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- May need to place baking sheet under to avoid hard to clean spills in the oven.
Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 1cupSodium: 26.4mgSugar: 51.7gFiber: 2.4gPotassium: 60.4mgCholesterol: 32.5mgCalories: 420kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 3.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gSaturated Fat: 7.3gFat: 12.1gProtein: 2.7gCarbohydrates: 74g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!