Gluten Free Kolacky Cookies
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone liner or parchment paper
- Cookie scooper
- 1 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 TBS whole milk room temprature
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 TBS Namaste Gluten Free Flour Perfect Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 12 oz can Solo fruit filling I do apricot and raspberry
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for sifting on top
Cookie Dough Mix
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, milk, and sugar. Add in beaten egg.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and xanthum gum.
- Add flour mixture to butter/cream cheese mixture stirring until well combined. Be sure to no over stir, gluten free flour can become very stiff.
- Place in fridge covered and chill for 30+ minutes.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Traditionally these are rolled, I do not roll mine out! Because I bake so many different types of cookies at Christmas its all about conveinence for me. So I came up with my own easier kolacky shaping process.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After the dough has chilled, using a cookie scooper, scoop 12 balls and place on silicone baking sheets (I use sheets with circles for shaping).
- Flatten each cookie in a circle shape.
- Using your thumb indent the dough in the center.
- With a spoon place the desired amount (typically 1 tsp) of solo pastry filling in the center of the cookie.
- Put in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. You want the bottoms to be light brown in color.
- While baking place dough in the fridge to keep chilled, remove when ready to bake the next batch.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- After 2 minutes place on cooling racks.
- When all the way cooled, sift powdered sugar over the top. I wait to do this right before serving or putting them onto a cookie tray when guests are coming over.