Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
- 1/2 lb of mild Italian sausage
- 10 jalapeños medium to large sliced in 1/2 and cored, saving the core of 4-6 (depending how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/4 cup of cooking sherry
- 3 TBS almond flour
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheese
- 20 strips of thin cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Cook Italian sausage in medium sized fry pan on medium heat. When cooked all the way through, add diced onion and diced jalapeño cores. Sauté another 4 min. Add cooking sherry, cook 2 minutes for reduction. Stir in almond flour. Add cream cheese and shredded cheese, stirring until well combined. Let cool to warm. Evenly divide filling between all 20 jalapeño halves. Wrap each jalapeño with bacon after it has been filled. Place stuffed jalapeños on lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked all the way.
This recipe makes 20 stuffed jalapeños. Calories per serving: 112; Fat per serving: 9g; Carbs per serving: 2g; Protein per serving: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!