Low-carb Cheeseburger Casserole
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 onion diced
- 24 oz bags fresh chopped/riced cauliflower
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp coconut aminos can use Worcestershire if desired
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium skillet cook ground beef all the way through, salt and pepper to taste. While cooking prepare the casserole sauce. Add in diced onion and cook additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place cauliflower in medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Be sure cauliflower is cooked through, if not microwave for additional minutes
- While meat and cauliflower are cooking whisk together heavy cream, egg, mustard, and coconut aminos. Set aside.
- Stir beef, cauliflower, and sauce all together until well combined. Place in 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve as is or with favorite cheeseburger toppings.
This recipes makes about 9 servings. But is an estimation seeing as this is hard to measure out exact serving sizes. Calories per serving 415; Fat per serving: 28g; Carbs per serving: 6g; Protein per serving: 34g