Lettuce Wrapped Burgers
Servings: 8 -6 ounce burgers
- Food Processor
- 3 lbs Lean ground beef (88% or higher)
- 1/4 Sweet onion, blended in food processor, or finely diced
- 2 TBS Almond flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 8 slices Deluxe American cheese or cheddar if preferred *Optional
- 8 slices tomatoes *Optional
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup Mayo (Prefer soy free, ie Chosen Foods Avocado Mayo)
- 3 TBS Unsweetened pickled relish
- 2 TBS Spicy brown mustard
- 1 TBS Heinz Simply Ketchup (or any natural unsweetened ketchup)
- 1 tsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix all ingredients large bowl. Divide meat into 8-6 oz burger patties. Hand form and slightly depress burger with thumb in center of patty. Turn grill down to medium heat, place patties on preheated grill and cook for about 6-7 minutes each side for medium to medium-well. Add cheese the last 30 seconds of grill time. Remove from grill and let rest about 3 minutes. Serve wrapped in 1-2 iceberg lettuce leaves with burger sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
This makes 8-6 oz burgers, with 8-1.5 TBS of burger sauce. Calories per serving: 554; Fat per serving: 43g; Carbs per serving: 5g; Protein per serving: 39g.