- 2 TBS butter
- ¼ small sweet onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes *optional
- ¼ cup vodka
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1-28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups of red sauce from meatball recipe or additional canned crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- In a large pot, heat butter, add diced onion and garlic, sauté for 4-6 minutes.
- Add vodka, simmer to reduce, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream, bring to a simmer and turn heat down to low.
- Be sure not to over cook cream sauce.
- Add crushed tomatoes and Italian red sauce (if you do not have any add additional crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce).
- Stir in fresh basil.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 8-1 cup servings. Calories per serving: 255; Fat per serving: 20g; Carbs per serving: 16g; Protein per serving: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!