Creamy Italian Chicken Stew
This easy stew will fulfill any comfort food craving during the cold weather months.
1 Large Stock Pot
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 4 large celery stalks diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 15 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth prefer bone broth
- 42 oz Costco hand-pulled rotisserie chicken If can't find use shredded chicken breast or other rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot over medium heat saute onion, celery, and carrots.
- When cooked all the way through add diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add heavy cream and chicken broth.
- Chop chicken into bite-size chunks, add to the soup.
- Add in chopped basil.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Turn down to low. Allowing to cook 2-4 minutes.
Serving: 1.75cupsSodium: 932mgSugar: 4gFiber: 2.2gPotassium: 274.5mgCholesterol: 135mgCalories: 343kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 6.4gFat: 13.7gProtein: 41.4gCarbohydrates: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!