Servings: 8 slices
- Cast iron pan
- Ninja Blender
- 8 oz Elk steak cut in small bite sizes
- 1/4 onion diced
- 3 oz mushrooms diced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- **** Optional additional meat and veggies
Meat and veggies
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat olive oil in cast iron pan. Add elk meat to the heated pan. When cooked all the way through add vegetables, sauteing for additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend 12 eggs and cottage cheese in a blender (I use Ninja).
- Place egg mixture in medium sized bowl, stir in shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over meat and veggies. Place Frittata in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until egg is all the way cooked.
Recipe makes about 8 even slices. Calories per slice: 233; Fat per serving: 15g; Carbs per serving: 2g; Protein per serving: 22g