Back to school and back to realty!
We had a crazy busy fun filled summer. I know I have not posted any new recipes in quite some time. My kids have kept my summer slammed! I am in a place in life where I acknowledge I have a limited time with them still at home so I am taking full advantage of spending my summers focusing on them. Below are some of my favorite pictures from our summer.
Getting back to realty and attempting to be organized does feel amazing. We spent Labor Day focused on that. We made 48 egg bites to get us through the week with breakfast, sounds like a lot, but when you are feeding a large teenage boy they go fast! We also smoked 14 lbs. of shredded beef. One night we had Italian Beef, the next night I made a Low-Carb Shredded Beef Quesadilla’s with a Cilantro Cream Sauce, recipe below. Later in the week I made Pot Roast style vegetables topped with what was left of the beef. Prepping this way always makes our week feel less busy because we aren’t trying to figure out what to make for dinner and then rushing to the store to buy those ingredients.
Shredded Beef Quesadilla with Cilantro Cream Sauce
Shredded Beef Quesadilla
- 24 ounces Smoked shredded beef Or any other type of shredded meat of choice.
- 1/4 onion diced
- 12 low carb tortilla shells If you do not have time to make homemade try Siete Almond Flour Tortillas.
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 4 TBS *Optional, Sugar free BBQ sauce If you do not have time to make homemade, purchase at store.
- Pre heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla on griddle, add with about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add about 4 oz of shredded beef, drizzle sugar free BBQ sauce over the meat.
- Add another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Top with tortilla.
- Let cook until cheese looks melted and tortilla is golden, flip and cook other side until tortilla is golden.
- Serve with Cilantro Cream Sauce for dipping
Want to be organized? But don’t know where to start…
If you are in need of help getting organized with meal prep check out my Meal Membership Plan. I offer a free 7-day trial. After the trial, for $14.99 you get access to weekly low-carb dinner menus, with links to the recipes, and printable grocery lists. The grocery lists can be for 2 servings, 4 servings, 6 servings, or 8 servings. Not only does this make life so much easier by having all the ingredients in the fridge for your dinners, but it also keeps you on a budget. A few weeks ago I was shocked when I looked at what we were spending on food per week. So I decided to give my own meal plan a try to see if it relieved some of the spending. I printed off one of the grocery lists from my Meal Membership Plan, went to the store only buying the ingredients I didn’t already have at home, and shockingly I saved almost $200 that week by sticking to a plan!