Pumpkin Coffee Cake
This recipe is the same great gluten free pumpkin cake recipe I have shared in the past, just with a different topping for a different occasion. There is nothing healthy about this recipe. But let’s be honest who eats healthy on Thanksgiving day. This coffee cake is so yummy to wake up to the morning of especially served with a fresh hot cup of coffee.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1 cup melted butter I use salted
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of Namaste Perfect Flour Blend gluten free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour I use Namaste perfect flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup brown sugar I prefer dark
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar.
- Stir in 4 eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until all combined.
- DO NOT over mix.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Whisk together gluten free flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until finely crumbled.
- Evenly sprinkle on top of the cake batter in the pan with the crumble.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean.