I think breakfast has to be the most monotonous meal for most when trying to eat a low-carb lifestyle. A lot of my client’s first major question when getting on a low-carb accountability plan with me is “Can I have anything else for breakfast besides eggs and meat?” I personally have tried multiple “keto/low-carb” pancake mixes and there is only one I have found that was satisfactory, King Arthurs Keto Pancake Mix. Unfortunately, they discontinued it, so I had to get creative and come up with my own so my clients had a change of pace at breakfast.
These low-carb pancakes are so fluffy, packed with protein, and only have 6 net carbs per serving! My husband said he liked them just to snack on like some would a muffin. Serve them with a pat of butter and a sugar-free syrup and you have a breakfast option that doesn’t start your day off loaded with sugar.
This recipe makes 8 pancakes. The serving size is 2 pancakes. Calories per serving: 314; Carbs per serving: 12g; Fat per serving: 20g; Protein per serving: 19g; Fiber per serving: 6g; Sugar per serving: 1g
- 4 eggs
- 3 TBS half and half cream
- 1 cup almond flour super fine
- 2 scoops whey protein I use Xtend whey, vanilla
- *2 scoops of Micro-ingredients triple fiber this is optional, can be purchased on Amazon
- 1 TBS gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat griddle to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl beat 4 eggs with half and half.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together finely ground almond flour, whey protein, triple fiber, gluten-free flour, and baking poweder.
- Fold in egg mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up batter and place on griddle. Cook until the cooked side is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and sugar-free syrup.