Low Carb Granola
Granola is shown served with a vanilla “Two Good” greek yogurt and 2-3 oz of raspberries.
Do you get sick of eating eggs for breakfast every day? I personally do not. But I know there are people that do! With all the great low-carb greek yogurts available and this low-carb granola, you can change things up from the typical egg breakfast while still maintaining your nutritional value at breakfast. It is also a great snack option, especially when craving something sweet.
Low Carb Granola
- Food processor/chopper
- 1/2 cup Unrefined Coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats, finely chopped/ground
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 2 scoops Vanilla whey protein I use Xtend whey, see link in shopping—supplements
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash Sea salt
- 1 TBS Stevia or monk fruit Use more if desired
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to convect bake at 375 degrees. Or 400 on regular bake.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a large glass bowl.
- Chop pecans in a food processor or food chopper, add to melted coconut oil.
- Add sunflower seeds, pepitas, slivered almonds, almond flour, finely ground/chopped gluten-free oats, flax seeds, protein powder, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and stevia or monk fruit.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add egg whites and stir until well combined.
- Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven, bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 45 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Serve with your favorite low carb greek yogurt and berries.