With the cooler evening temperatures that are beginning to take place with the welcoming of Fall, comfort food is something that we all crave. Tuscan Chicken is typically served over pasta. I serve over cauliflower rice keeping it a low carb high protein dish, while still being able to fulfill those comfort food cravings.
- 2.5 lbs thinly sliced tenderized chicken breast or 40 oz of thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- Saved chicken drippings
- 1/4 Large onion chopped
- 8 oz Package of sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes diced, or 1-15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmasen
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- *4 cups cooked cauliflower rice *optional
- Thinly slice and tenderize chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil, butter, and garlic in a large stainless skillet
- Add chicken to heated skillet, browning on each side until juices run dry.
- Place cooked chicken on a baking sheet and let rest in a warm oven. Keep drippings in the skillet.
- In the same skillet with the chicken drippings, saute the onions and mushrooms until tender. If dry add 1 more TBS of olive oil
- Add tomatoes, cooking until tender.
- Add in spinach, cooking slightly.
- Pour in whipping cream, bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in fresh basil and grated parmesan.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from oven. Serve sauce over the chicken on 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice. I buy Birds Eye Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Rice found in the frozen section to go with this dish.