Sesame Ginger Chicken Kabobs
I am back…it has been a while! We have had a crazy busy summer filled with a lot of traveling for sports camps, entertaining guests, and just having fun enjoying this hot Idaho summer with our family and friends. The busyness continues for the month of August… Football season is amongst us and we have one more trip that takes us to Seattle Children’s for Nicko’s annual cardiology testing and checkups. Right in time to get back to the swing of things with the school year.
If you are anything like me you need quick easy meals that keep you on track with nutrition during these fun busy times. This meal does just that while giving you great flavor as though you worked all day in the kitchen.
I like to serve it alongside a Sesame Ginger Slaw, made with toasted sesame oil and tangerine balsamic vinegar from Migliore Olive Oil in Coeur d’ Alene Idaho. Check out their website! This is where I purchase all my vinegar. The flavors in the oils and vinegar keep me on track with my nutrition year-round, helping me not get bored with my food. If you do not live nearby they do ship.
Sesame Ginger Chicken Kabobs
- Metal Skewers
- 2.5 lbs chicken tenderloins cut into about 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup sesame oil I buy from Migliore Olive Oil in Coeur D' Alene
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos I buy Coconut Secrets
- 1 TBS pure unsweetened ginger juice I buy The Ginger People
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 large onion cut in 1-2 inch chunks
- 20 white button mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini cut in 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow squash cut in 1-2 inch chunks
Chicken and Vegetable Prep
- Prepare meat and vegetables by cutting in 2 inch chunks. Keep mushrooms whole. Place in bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients in a glass bowl, pour over prepared meat and vegetables, stir until well combined.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove meat and vegetables from the fridge.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place meat and vegetables on metal skewers in a desired pattern.
- Place skewers on grill, cooking each side for 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side on my Sesame Ginger Broccoli Slaw.
Toasted Sesame Broccoli Slaw
- 1 16 oz bag of raw broccoli slaw
- 4 green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews chopped
- 2 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil I buy at Migliore Olive Oil in Coeur D' Alene
- 3 TBS Citrusy balsamic; Tangerine, Jalapeno Lime, Sarrano Honey I buy at Migliore Olive Oil in Coeur D' Alebe
- 2 tsp coconut aminos I buy Coconut Secrets
- 2 tsp pure unsweetened ginger juice I buy The Ginger People
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp stevia or monk fruit
- * optional red pepper flakes to taste
- Place all items in a large bowl. Make dressing, pour over vegetables and toss. Can be made ahead of time and placed in the fridge.