Chicken Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole is a recipe in honor of one of my most dedicated clients. It is one of her favorite recipes that I am finally sharing with everyone. P.O. started with me as a client 9 months ago, working hard to make a huge transformation in her life. She continues to remain just as dedicated as she was in the beginning, allowing her to make nutrition a lifestyle change. The results in her blood work and on the scale have been remarkable. Check out her latest testimonial at https://homestylefoodandfitness.com/testimonials/
I have been making this casserole for several years. It was created on a whim, on a day I was having bad cravings, but not wanting to put the effort into making my tortilla shells for actual enchiladas. This casserole turned out just as amazing, with less work! The egg and cheese in the “cauliflower rice” allow it to bind together so it does not fall apart on your plate. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but it is also very low carb and packed with protein.
This recipe makes about 12 servings. Calories per serving: 344; Fat per serving: 15g; Carbs per serving: 12g, Protein per serving: 44g.
Chicken Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole
- 9×13 baking dish
- 3 lbs. raw chicken breast
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 12 oz bags of riced or chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 onion diced
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Favorite toppings sour cream, green onion, diced jalapeno, diced avocado, cilantro, etc.
- Fill stockpot with 6 cups of water.
- Add chicken breasts, bring to a boil covered.
- Once at a boil, turn down to low and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- When done remove chicken from the pot, saving 1 cup of chicken stock for sauce.
- Cool and shred.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix riced cauliflower, 1/4 diced onion, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 7oz can of green chiles, and 1 tsp of salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place cauliflower rice mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Put in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add diced onion and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken stock, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer allowing to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 8 oz of cream cheese in 1 inch square blocks.
- When cream cheese is soft and melted, whisk to get rid of as many chunks as you can. Not all will dissolve.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Stir shredded chicken and enchilada sauce together.
- Layer on top of already cooked cauliflower rice in the 9×13 baking pan.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- If you like a crispy topping broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!