Egg Roll Bowls
Most people are spending today preparing and eating their favorite appetizers. My household is not! For the 1st time ever in my life, I will not be watching the Super Bowl. Instead, I get to coach my daughter in a volleyball tournament and I couldn’t be happier doing so. It has been almost a year since she has been able to compete out on a volleyball court. Seeing her get back out there is better than watching any Super Bowl.
This recipe was created as I have heard all the rave about egg roll bowls. We do not consume soy sauce in our house so this is a soy-free version. It is a quick easy meal and received praise from a close friend’s family who has a traditional egg roll recipe.
Egg Roll Bowls
- 1.5 lbs. 85% lean ground pork I buy Smithfield
- 1.5 lbs. small raw shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 3 TBS toasted sesame oil
- 30 oz. shredded cabbage I buy the Marketside angle hair coleslaw (green cabbage)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs scrammbled
- 3 green onion stalks diced
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- * optional red pepper flakes
- Cook ground pork in large deep skillet.
- When all the way browned, add 1/4 diced onion, 2 diced garlic cloves, and raw shrimp.
- Cook shrimp until pink. Drain meat in colander and set aside.
- In the same large deep skillet saute the remaining 1/4 diced onion and 2 diced garlic cloves in the sesame oil for about 1-2 min.
- Add shredded cabbage, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined, cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cabbage is cooking, scramble 3 eggs and set aside.
Egg Roll Bowl
- When cabbage is done cooking stir in meat, scrambled egg, green onion, and 2 TBS coconut aminos.
- Serve in bowls.