Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Happy Halloween! The day to indulge in stealing all the best candy out of your kids trick-or-treat bag is here. Or you can make this tasty gluten free “pumpkin” spin on snickerdoodle cookies. It’s spooky how tasty they are and so good you wouldn’t even know they were gluten free.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- cookie baking sheets
- silicon baking sheet liners or parchment paper
Cookie Dough Mix
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Namaste gluten-free perfect flour blend
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp all spice *optional
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cookie Dough Mix
- In a stand mixer or medium bowl with a hand mixer cream together softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. When fluffy add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix on low until well combined.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, all spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients (pumpkin mix) in the well. Gently fold dry and wet ingredients together until all the way combined. Be careful not to over stir. Chill in fridge for 30min.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350.
- Whisk together sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove dough from fridge.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll in sugar coating. Place on lined (silicon or parchment sheet) cookie sheet. If you want them flat press with the bottom of glass, etc.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to rest on baking sheet for 1 minute.
- Let cool on cookie racks.