My kids love teriyaki chicken, but with most restaurants using teriyaki sauce that has gluten, my daughter hasn’t been able to order it out very often. So, I decided to start making it at home. Thank you Coconut Secrets for your gluten free/soy free teriyaki sauce! Now we can have a great low-carb, high protein teriyaki chicken stir-fry and everyone is happy. I have been serving this with my Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe, but when the kids are needing the extra carbs in their diet, I will make them a side of rice to serve it over. You will probably want to eat 2 servings to get your fill in.
Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry
- 3 lbs chicken breast sliced in strips
- 2 TBS olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ bell peppers, any color sliced in strips
- 8 asparagus spears cut in 1 inch chunks
- ½ sweet onion sliced in strips
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 TBS Coconut Secrets – coconut aminos teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp Coconut Secrets coconut aminos
- 1 TBS swerve brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes to taste *optional
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, 2 cloves of the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté until chicken is cooked through. Drain juices and set chicken aside in separate bowl.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 TBS of olive oil.
- Add bell peppers, sweet onion, and asparagus. Sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of garlic (2 cloves) and ginger. Sauté until veggies are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Once veggies are cooked to your preference, add chicken back in.
- Mix in teriyaki sauce, coconut amino's, swerve, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté 1-2 more minutes. Serve hot.
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 5 slices of lean high quality bacon diced Hempler’s
- 1/4 of a sweet onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 12 oz pkg of cauliflower pearls/rice about 4-5 cups
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I use about 1-2 tsp of sea salt
- Fry up the diced bacon in large non-stick skillet, do not drain the fat.
- Once all the way cooked (I prefer nice and crispy), add onion and bell pepper, saute with bacon and bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add the riced cauliflower. Salt and pepper, be sure to taste, cauliflower usually needs a bit more salt!
- Saute stirring occasional for about 7 minutes. DO NOT over cook, the cauliflower will get mushy.