It’s that time of year where food prep is key in our household in order to continue to have good nutrition. We try to keep our Sunday afternoons fairly quiet to make this actually happen. The kids always jump in to help me with this daunting task. Our main go to preps are, of course, egg bites, grilled Asian chicken, and pumpkin protein bites. This time around, I added these no bakes into the mix. They didn’t last long…just 2 days! So next time I will definitely be making a double batch. They are so easy for the kids to throw in their lunches. And it gives them a bit of a “treat” so they aren’t always the weird kids with no good food in their lunch…ha!
No Bake Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 TBS cocoa powder add more if using vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup Stevia *optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops protein powder I use Xtend chocolate lava or vanilla, link at bottom of the page
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 scoops triple fiber *optional
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- Place almond milk, peanut butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia, and protein powder in a medium sauce pan. Stir over low-medium heat bringing to a boil.
- Turn heat down.
- Stir in oats, flaked coconut, fiber, and peanuts. When well combined remove from heat.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon of similar size, scoop cookies and place on parchment paper or silicon baking sheets.
- Allow to rest/cool for 15 minutes. When finished resting/cooling place in airtight container and store in the fridge.