Enjoy these low carb, full of flavor shrimp tacos. Makes about 7 servings. One serving size is 2 taco shells, 2 TBS of jalapeno ranch, and 4.5 oz of shrimp. I serve with shredded ice berg lettuce for a little crunch. Calories per serving: 360; Carbs per serving: 12g; Fat per serving: 19g; Protein per serving: 35g
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 TBS distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mayo I use soy free like chosen foods avocado oil
- 1 TBS spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Dash dried dill
- 1/4 whole jalapeno or more if desired
- 1/4 small sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place whole milk in medium sized bowl, stir in vinegar, let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in sour cream, mayo, and spicy brown mustard. Place all seasonings (parsley, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dill) in a spice mortar and grind until powdery. Stir mortared seasonings into milk, sour cream, mayo mixture.
- Chop jalapeno, onion, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and lime juice in a food chopper or processor until well blended. Add to above ingredients, stirring well.
Low-carb Tortilla Shells
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour finely ground
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the olive oil, water, eggs, and egg whites in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl whisk the almond flour, arrowroot powder, tapioca starch, and coconut flour. Be sure to whisk out any lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Using the metal ladle, scoop the batter about 1/2-3/4 full, pour on the griddle, and swirl the batter in a circular motion with the back of the ladle. Be sure to do this gently and slowly to thin the batter into the shape of your shell. Let the shell cook until the edges are lifting off the griddle, then flip cooking the other side for about 2 minutes.
*To make these into crepes
- Add 1-2 tsp of Stevia to the batter before cooking.
- Serve with whipped cream made with stevia and berries.
Shrimp Taco Meat
- 2 lbs Large/jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 2 TBS lemon fresh lemon
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium glass bowl.
- Can be marinated for up to an hour covered in the fridge.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. While grill is heating place shrimp on metal skewers. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until outside of shrimp is pink.