Who else is sick of cooking and wants to have a meal out? To get a break from cooking, I have been having my kids cook dinner at least 1 time a week. It’s a great way for me to get a cooking break and for them to become educated in the kitchen! The hard part is having simple recipes for them to cook that also keep us on track with our fitness and nutrition goals. This recipe is the perfect recipe for them to keep things easy, tasty, and low carb! It’s so simple that I don’t even make it anymore, my kids do. When we have our normal schedules of sports, and school, and I am super busy with coaching volleyball and training clients in the evening, I rely on my 11 year old daughter’s help to get a healthy meal prepared…she always goes to this one!
Low-carb Cheeseburger Casserole
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 onion diced
- 24 oz bags fresh chopped/riced cauliflower
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp coconut aminos can use Worcestershire if desired
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium skillet cook ground beef all the way through, salt and pepper to taste. While cooking prepare the casserole sauce. Add in diced onion and cook additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place cauliflower in medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Be sure cauliflower is cooked through, if not microwave for additional minutes
- While meat and cauliflower are cooking whisk together heavy cream, egg, mustard, and coconut aminos. Set aside.
- Stir beef, cauliflower, and sauce all together until well combined. Place in 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve as is or with favorite cheeseburger toppings.