Coming from a traditional ranch family, we love a good burger. With this low-carb, Big Mac inspired recipe, we can still enjoy that satisfaction. We tend to make these at a lot of family gatherings because they are easy to make for a large group. I also like to make these on a Friday or Saturday evening as a “treat” meal, since they are higher in calories. Kids love them and I get the satisfaction of having a Big Mac flavor…those of you who know me know I can pound some Big Macs (personal best is 4.5 for a $100 bet that I lost because I failed to eat all 5)!
Lettuce Wrapped Burgers
- 3 lbs Lean ground beef (88% or higher)
- 1/4 Sweet onion, blended in food processor, or finely diced
- 2 TBS Almond flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 8 slices Deluxe American cheese or cheddar if preferred *Optional
- 8 slices tomatoes *Optional
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup soy free mayo
- 3 TBS Unsweetened pickled relish
- 2 TBS Spicy brown mustard
- 1 TBS no sugar added ketchup
- 1 tsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix all ingredients large bowl.
- Divide meat into 8-6 oz. burger patties. Hand form and slightly depress burger with thumb in center of patty.
- Turn grill down to medium heat, place patties on preheated grill and cook for about 6-7 minutes each side for medium to medium-well.
- Add cheese the last 30 seconds of grill time.
- Remove from grill and let rest about 3 minutes.
- Serve wrapped in 1-2 iceberg lettuce leaves with burger sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.