If you are looking for a great low carb, high protein asian-flare recipe, this is it! A simple meal that will quickly give you a huge protein boost with 38 grams of protein per 2 cup serving, and at only 288 calories, why not have more than one serving? This is truly a guilt free dish that is great for dinner, and, if you have leftovers, makes a great lunch later in the week. I typically double this recipe because I love having simple leftovers in the fridge, so I can have a quick meal that I know is going to be healthy and give me the protein kick I am looking for. I will also make a side of rice with this dish for my kids when they are needing more carbs in their diet to replenish all the energy they are using. Enjoy!
Spicy Shrimp Sauté
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- *Red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 diced sweet onion
- 16 oz broccoli slaw
- 1-2 TBS Coconut Secrets coconut aminos
- Prepare shrimp by removing shells and tails. Toss shrimp in lemon juice in medium bowl. Add red pepper flakes and stir. Set seasoned shrimp aside. In a large frypan, sauté diced garlic in butter for about a minute over medium heat. Watch carefully so as not to burn. Add shrimp to fry pan. Salt to taste. Cook shrimp through. Set sautéed shrimp aside and drain juices.
- In same pan, sauté diced sweet onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over medium heat in a large frypan. Add broccoli slaw. Let it sauté 7-8 minutes stirring about 2 times. Add sautéed shrimp and toss. Remove from heat and add coconut aminos or serrano honey balsamic. Serve hot.
Don’t miss a single recipe and subscribe for free! Recipes will be sent directly to your email as soon as they are released!