Happy New Year! I know many are starting the New Year with new diets and exercise plans. These two simple recipes are a great way to get a jump start on meal planning and clean eating. Combining the 2 recipes to make one meal gives you a great macronutrient breakdown with 39 grams of protein, 29 grams of fat, and 8 grams of carbohydrates. When it comes to keeping our nutrition and exercise consistent, we need easy to prepare meals with simple ingredients that taste great to keep us from failing. I believe proper food prep and eating often is key to achieving our goals. When we never go hungry, we tend to not engorge on the foods that cause weight gain and chronic disease.
If you find you don’t even know where to start, or just need someone to keep you on track, I offer personalized nutrition plans to help you succeed. I breakdown your marcronutrients (carbs/fat/protein) into daily percentage goals to reach and stay with in each day. Along with monitoring your food log, I help guide you through the process of what to eat along with grocery shopping lists to help get you started. Most clients are amazed with the amount of food I am asking them to eat, leaving them satisfied, full, and getting vitamins and nutrients from the whole foods they are eating. I will communicate with you on a regular basis via text message or email along with weekly accountability calls. The consistent accountability will give you the extra edge to find sustainable success. Once you have the knowledge, you will be equipped for life to meet your nutrition and fitness goals in a way that is practical and fulfilling. If you are interested in hearing more on what I can do for you, email me at email@example.com to schedule a free consultation.
BBQ Rubbed Drumsticks
- 3 lbs. good quality chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper *optional more if you like spicy
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt more if desired
- 1/2 tsp stevia or monk fruit
- Mix all seasonings in a bowl.
- Place ½ the seasoning in the bottom of a zip lock bag
- Add drumsticks, then add the rest of the seasoning. Seal bag, toss until drumsticks are evenly coated.
- Place in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Remove drumsticks from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat grill on high heat.
- When grill is finished preheating place drumsticks on grill, sear both sides on high heat for 4-5 minutes, watch carefully to avoid flames.
- After searing turn grill down to low-med heat. Grill drumsticks for an additional 30 minutes rotating several times.
- Serve with your favorite low-carb sides!
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 3-12 oz bags of chopped/riced cauliflower
- 2 TBS butter
- ¼ onion diced
- 1 TBS Namaste perfect flour blend
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 + tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place riced cauliflower in a big mixing bowl. Melt butter in medium heavy-duty saucepan. Add diced onion and sauté over medium heat. Turn heat down to low. Add flour, stir until lumps are out. Stir in whipping cream and sour cream. Once all stirred in add cream cheese, stirring until all melted. Pour over riced cauliflower, add sea salt, and mix until well combined. Place mixture in a 13×9 baking pan. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes.