This is a great meal to prepare when you know you are going to have a busy night. You can season the pork in the morning in 5 minutes, and then come home in the evening and be pulling it out of the oven in under 30 minutes. I like to serve Italian Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Asparagus and of course my Garden Fresh Salad.
Italian Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
- 3 lbs. high quality pork tenderloin (Swift Premium is a good brand)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp thyme
- Dash rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Place olive oil and pork in gallon size zip-lock bag.
- Grind all spices in a spice mortar. Sprinkle mortared seasoning over pork, close bag, and toss. Feel free to also just rub the seasoning into the oiled pork by hand. I prefer to toss in a bag for easy clean up.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate 2-4 hours or more.
- Remove pork from fridge 30 minutes before placing in oven to allow to bring to room temperature, if you do not have time for this add 4-5 minutes of extra cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tenderloins at least 1 inch apart onto lined sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and let roast for 8 minutes.
- Leave roast in the oven, turn temperature down to 325 degrees. Roast for an additional 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven when timer goes off. Let rest covered for 10 minutes. Slice and eat!
- 2 bunches of asparagus spears medium sized
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS of shredded parmesan *optional
- Break off ends of asparagus right where they naturally break.
- Wash the asparagus in cold water.
- Turn oven on to broil at 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place washed asparagus on lined baking sheet.
- Spray with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil spray.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place asparagus in the oven for 3-6 minutes (depending on the size of the asparagus; more time for large spears, less time for small spears). Remove from oven when done.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. *optional
Garden Fresh Salad
- 4 cups Mixed greens of choice I like the addition of arugula
- 2 green onion stalks or 1/8 of a sweet onion diced
- 1 1/2 oz of shredded sharp white cheddar I use Tillamook vintage reserve
- 1 TBS of olive oil (Kirkland extra virgin)
- 2 TBS of Traditional aged balsamic vinegar from the specialty vinegar store (I use a garlic cilantro flavored or serrano honey)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place mixed greens, onion, and cheese in an over sized bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Salt and pepper. Then toss with salad tongs.