This is a great meal to prepare when you know you are going to have a busy night. You can season the pork in the morning in 5 minutes, and then come home in the evening and be pulling it out of the oven in under 30 minutes. I like to serve Italian Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Asparagus and of course my Garden Fresh Salad.
Italian Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 3 lbs. high quality pork tenderloin (Swift Premium is a good brand)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp thyme
- Dash rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Place olive oil and pork in gallon size zip-lock bag. Grind all spices in a spice mortar. Sprinkle mortared seasoning over pork, close bag, and toss. Place in refrigerator to marinate 2-4 hours or more. Feel free to also just rub the seasoning into the oiled pork by hand. I prefer to toss in a bag for easy clean up.
- Remove pork from fridge 30 minutes before placing in oven to allow to bring to room temperature, if you do not have time for this add 4-5 minutes of extra cooking time. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tenderloins at least 1 inch apart onto lined sheet. Place in preheated oven and let roast for 8 minutes. When timer goes off turn oven down to 325 degrees with pork still in the oven. Roast for an additional 18 minutes. Remove from oven when timer goes off. Let rest covered for 10 minutes. Slice and eat!
- 1-2 bunches of asparagus spears
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS of shredded parmesan *optional
- Turn oven on to broil at 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Break off ends of asparagus right where they naturally break. Place on the lined baking sheet. Spray with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil spray. Salt and pepper to taste. Place asparagus in the oven for 3-6 minutes (depending on the size of the asparagus; more time for large spears, less time for small spears). Remove from oven when done. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Garden Fresh Salad
- 2 cups of green leaf lettuce chopped
- 2 cups of red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup of arugula chopped
- 2 green onion stalks or 1/8 of a sweet onion diced
- 1 1/2 oz of shredded sharp white cheddar I use Tillamook vintage reserve
- 1 TBS of olive oil (Kirkland extra virgin)
- 1-2 TBS of Traditional aged balsamic vinegar from the specialty vinegar store (I use a garlic cilantro flavored or serrano honey)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place lettuce, arugula, onion, and cheese in an over sized bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Salt and pepper. Then toss with salad tongs.