If you need a quick protein loaded meal for those busy school nights of homework and activities, this recipe is for you! It can easily be served in lettuce cups or over cauliflower rice based on your preference. This also stores well, making great leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4 lbs ground chicken; can use ground beef or pork in place of chicken
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 large sweet onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1/4 jalapeño diced *Add more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 1/2 TBS Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 1 tsp Coconut Secrets coconut aminos
- 4 TBS natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup whole fat unsweetened Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped Thai basil or sweet basil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic cloves, and sauté for 4 minutes. Add ground/chopped chicken and sauté until meat is cooked all the way through. Add all other ingredients and stir. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Serve in romaine or iceberg lettuce cups or over cauliflower rice.