This meal is a go to summer dish in our house. It is quick and easy. Better yet, all 3 kids love it, even with it being cauliflower rice. I serve it along with my garden fresh salad, and did on this particular occasion. On days we want to be out enjoying the North Idaho summer sun, I can get everything prepped ahead of time and get it all cooked up in a matter of minutes.
Always a crowd pleaser, even for those that do not like cilantro. The shrimp can be served by itself as just an appetizer too. You can easily use different meat, like chicken breast, sliced thin or cut up and grilled on skewers. If you enjoy spicy foods, add red pepper flakes to the marinade.
Makes 6 servings. One serving is about 5.5 ounces of shrimp with 1 cup of the rice. Calories per serving: 187; Fat per serving: 8g; Carb per serving: 7g; Protein per serving: 26g
Grilled Cilantro Shrimp
- 1 cup bunch of cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 TBS of fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS olive oil I use Kirkland Italian Extra Virgin
- 3 lbs of large peeled and deveined shrimp
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I add about a teaspoon of sea salt and a dash of pepper
- *optional Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cut off the leaves of the cilantro, place in the food chopper. Add garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pulse chopper several times until all large chunks are chopped up. Be sure to taste the marinade to make sure more salt is not needed. Once the shrimp is marinating you can no longer taste test! Rinse and drain the shrimp, place in a glass bowl, pour marinade over shrimp. Stir, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. While grill is heating, place shrimp on skewers. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until outside of shrimp is pink.
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 5 slices of lean high quality bacon diced Hempler’s
- 1/4 of a sweet onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 12 oz pkg of cauliflower pearls/rice about 4-5 cups
- Sea salt and pepper to taste I use about 1-2 tsp of sea salt
- Fry up the diced bacon in large non-stick skillet, do not drain the fat.
- Once all the way cooked (I prefer nice and crispy), add onion and bell pepper, saute with bacon and bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add the riced cauliflower. Salt and pepper, be sure to taste, cauliflower usually needs a bit more salt!
- Saute stirring occasional for about 7 minutes. DO NOT over cook, the cauliflower will get mushy.
It was a great quick meal with an even better view.